- 4 strips regular bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- One 32-ounce jar marinara sauce
- One 10-14 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
Fry bacon, garlic and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Drain fat from pan and return bacon, onion and garlic. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes on low. Serve over pasta.
Belle’s Smokin’ Sloppy Joes
Follow the recipe above except add one pound of browned ground beef and reduce the marinara sauce to 14 ounces. Serve on toasted buns with sliced dill pickles and cheddar cheese.