- 1 pound chicken, cut in one inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 green onions, coarsely chopped. Separate white part from green.
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup cashews, lightly chopped (raw or salted- depending on your taste)
- 3 cups cooked Jasmine rice
Put the cubed chicken and cornstarch in a large plastic bag. Seal and shake until all the chicken is coated.
Heat the oil to medium high in a large fry pan and cook chicken until no pink remains and the outside is golden. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
In remaining oil, cook garlic and the white part of the onions until tender. Return chicken to pan and mix together. Add the rice vinegar and cook until it evaporates (about 3 minutes).
Mix in a separate bowl, the hoisin sauce with ¼ cup of water. Add to pan, along with the remaining green onions and cashews. Stir to coat all ingredients. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
Serve over Jasmine rice.